I love the internet. As promised, here's the Amanda Palmer update -three years, that would have been it, but thanks to the arcane powers of the World Web I can access everyone's kindly shared photos and videos.

It also reminds me that I forgot to mention the highlight of the evening, a man proposing to his boyfriend on stage, which was so cute I burst into tears. Cos I is a sap. Good luck to the pair of them!

More reviews
http://www.musicomh.com/music/gigs/amanda-palmer-2_0209.htm
All fair criticisms, though I thought the auction was fun.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/f8f43754-f3a4-11dd-9c4b-0000779fd2ac.html
Misses the point entirely – I’m not sure he was in the mood. I like her voice, and her playing – why send someone to report on an artist who the reporter doesn’t actually like? And I liked the chatting and sense of fun because it seemed very personal. I liked the covers – if you want to hear the artist play their songs, buy the album: this is something only the live experience can give you. Why is someone from the Financial Times at the concert in any case?!

http://www.musosguide.com/?p=2386
Something a bit more positive.

Some videos

Here's what for me were the concert's highlights - Oasis, played with faux melodrama, and a gorgeous cover of "I need you but I don't want you" which sums up why I love her as an artist.
And warning! For young children and parents, there is foul language ahead. Also, digital cameras aren’t the best recording equipment in the world, so forgive the quality.






Comments (0)